Where do I get my news from?

Where do I get my news from? That's the question I've answered today.

As regular readers of this blog will know, I'm a fan of reality TV show The Apprentice (the UK version). I missed last night's episode but plan to watch it tonight via Tiscali TV's catch-up service; so as not to spoil the surprise I've spent the entire day trying not to find out which candidate was 'fired' by Sir Alan.

It's been harder than you might imagine. I couldn't watch breakfast TV this morning; I couldn't read the free papers on the train to and from work; and I had to ask three of my colleagues (all Apprentice fans) not to discuss the programme with me.

I've also had to avoid using Twitter and turn off the Firefox add-on Twitterfox just in case one of the people I follow tweeted about the show. Over lunch I couldn't read the BBC News website. I can't even link this post to the official Apprentice website for fear of finding something out.

So there you have it: I get my (Apprentice-related) news from a mixture of new media, old media, and good old-fashioned talking to people. It's been an interesting experiment, but not one I'd like to repeat in a hurry. And no, I still don't know which candidate got the sack. Ask me again in an hour!


Here are a couple of my other Apprentice-related posts:

1 comment:

Gareth said...

If you've managed to last all day, congratulations. The Apprentice is the only show I have to watch on the night of transmission because there's no way of avoiding the result. The first episode I missed this series, the Metro had the losing candidate's picture on their front page. The second episode I missed, a friend's Facebook status mentioned it. It's very frustrating, but I guess it qualifies as "water cooler TV" or whatever the phrase is these days.