Friday roundup: cow poison and The Proclaimers

My adventures with photo-sharing website Flickr are continuing – I've now joined GrammarBlog's Grammar Bloopers group and even added a couple of my pictures to it. If you like "photos of spelling errors, apostrophe abuse, dangling modifiers and malapropisms", I recommend you check out the group.

To be honest, signs with misplaced or missing apostrophes are 10 a penny where I live in south London, so photos of these don't float my boat, but I do like snaps like this:


A bottle of cleaning liquid that's "useful for" poisoning cows and pigs. Brilliant.

***

I'm also really enjoying the GraphJam website, "song chart memes and pop culture explained in graph form". It must appeal to my stat-crazy brain. Here, for any Proclaimers fans, is the sort of thing it offers:

song chart memes
More graph humour and song chart memes

2 comments:

Gez said...

You're right about apostrophe errors; they are bread and butter now. I'm hankering after a really good malapropism on a nice big sign.

I love all that.

The Ridger, FCD said...

Ah... I heard the Proclaimers (well, to know who they were, not on a soundtrack) on BBC America - the Graham Norton show - not too long ago. With finally a name to put to the sound I was able to buy an album. I love them! And that particular song is just ... so simple and so right. Thanks for putting it in my head! (Oddly - or perhaps not - that's the song they sang on Graham...)