Word of the day: ruggedised

I came across the word 'ruggedised' on a manufacturer's website today, and was surprised to find it in the OED. It means "designed or improved to be hard-wearing".

I suppose then that we could talk about the process of ruggedisation, or about ruggedisationary effects. Should that be ruggedisedory?

No comments: