Stan Still, Annette Curtain, Dick Trickle...

Regular readers of The Engine Room will know that we're fans of unusual or amusing personal names. Recently, for example, I've written about a hangman called Ed Roper while Apus has told us of a certain SM Allcock.

If you're of a similar bent, you may enjoy a current BBC News article, 'Most unfortunate names' revealed, which includes such gems as Stan Still and Annette Curtain.

It's also worth reading the comments following the article, especially the fourth (and currently final).

While I'm on the subject, I should mention that my colleague Clutchslip once met American racing driver Dick Trickle...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We do have a colleague in our Hong Kong office called Poh Ring, thats one of my fav's

Clare said...

There was a girl at my school called Juliet Cock. But until I was about 25, it never struck me as outlandish -- apart from her being named after a male chicken...

THE GRAMMARPHILE said...

The other day, I had to deal with helping a customer whose last name was "Fuchs." Usually I always refer to the client as Mr. or Ms. whatever-their-last-name-is, but in this case? Yeah, I totally used her first name. I would've cracked up laughing otherwise!

Anonymous said...

Just discovered Siemens Renewable's HR manager is called Martin Hottass...

Anonymous said...

Roxanne rocks...