Gordon Brown sorry over assault arrest. Really?

Headline four in this BBC News widget left me wondering who Prime Minister Gordon Brown might have assaulted:



It turns out that the story was about R&B star Chris Brown... but how was I supposed to know that? I imagine that most UK readers would think of 'Gordon' if they saw the name 'Brown' in a web headline.

I may have to add this to my knol on web print versus headlines to illustrate the point the web headlines are often seen out of context.

2 comments:

The Ridger, FCD said...

Is "Rhys killer" a killer OF someone named Rhys or a killer FROM somewhere named Rhys, or something else entirely (surely not a killer named Rhys himself)?

The Ridger, FCD said...

Also, I think I would have parsed that Brown headline as Gordon being sorry that some third party had been wrongfully arrested...